We are more than glad that you decided to check out Children of Athoria, but before applying to this group, please make sure that this roleplay suits you just right. Listed on this page are not only the rules and guidelines that we adhere to in Athoria, but also an explanation of how we communicate, what to expect from the administrators regarding gameplay, how to be an active member, and so forth.
It will be assumed that you have read through this entire page if accepted into this game and that you understand the rules and guidelines thoroughly. Admins are always around to answer any questions you may have.
➷ Do not make the character account before you are accepted:
If you do this and audition with that character account, you will be declined. We have a very particular process to how we accept, and we expect members to follow this respectfully.
➷ We will not accept applications from ghost accounts (an account with no content or an account with ‘spam-like’ features. This is to the admin's discretion).
Your account does not need to be 100% active, but we do look at blogs to make sure they are not spam. If you do not have a Tumblr account, then you can email your audition to us, but please send us a message and let us know. We do not check email regularly. You can also send an audition from an inactive or active RP account if you do not wish to send it from a personal account.
➷ Do not skip any questions on the application unless it is stated that you can. If you do not wish for something to be visible come posting time, then please just say so in the audition. Please include “FOR THE KINGDOM!” somewhere in your audition proving you have read through these rules before applying.
➷ Faceclaim changes:
- For biographies that have “empty” face claim slots, you are allowed to pick your faceclaim to play with that particular character. Be sure to match the face claim with whatever description is written in the biography section. We are open to tweaking individual elements, but please ask us first.
- In regards to face claim changes for set bios, all face claim change requests are circumstantial and must be a unanimous decision between all three admins. You can add the request into your audition but be aware that your application may still be accepted without the FC change approval. Your audition should not be based on a face claim change anyway.
➷ Reservations before you send in your application:
Can be requested by non-anon inquiries for only 48 hours. This request means that the admins will be expecting your audition for that particular character and will view it first before any auditions that come after that. Any exceptions to this rule will be stated on the main tumblr.
This is the detailed breakdown of how the admins check activity in Athoria:
- On Fridays, the admins will post the activity check from the main tumblr account. You do not have to “like” this check, it is simply just a visual reminder that activity is going to be checked on Sunday.
- On Sundays, the admins will check all activity of every single member in the group. If you have violated the activity check guidelines, then you will receive a message in your inbox on that character account stating why you are in violation. This message will also include any pertinent information regarding your activity and give you clear instructions on how to get out of violation.
- On Thursdays, the admins will post the Unfollows accordingly. Please see the information on saving your character if you wish to do so.
~ Activity is defined as posting ONE REPLY per week, every week.
If you miss posting that week and you receive an activity check message, you will be required to still make up for that missed week PLUS posting for the upcoming week. Why do we do this, you ask? It is more than important to keep threads and plots chugging along in the multi-para RP world. If you miss a week of activity, you are placing a big hold on someone else being able to comply with their own activity. Furthermore, after testing this system for the year of 2016 in Season Four, we have found that it works. This system allows people to make up for their missed posts and not fall behind in their plotting or with plotting alongside the main plot of Athoria.
Keep in mind that ignoring any other threads you have or just posting replies to one thread over and over and over and not having any other interactions is not acceptable. Admins are more than willing to help you manage your time and plotting to avoid these struggles. We recommend that you have at least 2-3 threads going on at one timeE.
~ Non-reply posts.
Unfortunately headcanons, photos, ask meme’s, writing prompts etc do not count towards activity. This can be circumstantial if you talk to the admins ahead of time (way ahead of time) but without a conversation or awareness, these do not count. However, we want you to explore all means of creativity when it comes to your muses, so please have fun with them regardless.
~ Tracking Activity.
The admin team tracks activity thoroughly. The best way to stay off the activity radar is to simply comply with the activity rules. Every week the admins note who is due for activity, why they are due, when their last post was, when they need to post next, etc. We are not tyrants. Talk to us about why you cannot post or about why you are struggling! We are more than willing to come up with an individualized plan of some sort to help you make it through the next week or two due to circumstances. If you do not reach out to us then we cannot help you.
Even the best roleplays out there are capable of having player conflict. Athoria has found it best to manage these situations with a warning system. Player interactions and interpersonal relations are taken very seriously in Athoria. We are a family here. Once you are accepted, you are welcomed with open arms. This is a safe, stress-free community where laughter is commons and conflicts are handled with maturity. This system is mostly customized to fit the particular situation, but in general, the actions are based on the same premises.