Children of Athoria progresses our main story under the direction of EVENTS. These markers allow us to contribute to the adventure of your individual characters as a whole and allow you as a member to feel a part of the main plot by inserting them into these global events. Please utilize these to allow your characters an opportunity to move through our Season and offer you a chance to expand on your gaming experience.
➷ Site-World Plots: Known as SWP’s
These events are REQUIRED to participate in and will be posted on the Athoria Events blog. These plots will have a direct impact on the entire gameplay of Athoria and give your character the advantage of witnessing or playing a part in the advancement of the main plot. All SWP’s will have a start and end date, which we highly encourage you to utilize as a general timeline marker for your individual characters threads. Some notes about SWP’s:
- If you are unable to write a thread interaction with another character during an SWP, you have the option of writing a Self Para regarding specific events and how the SWP has impacted your character.
- If you do not participate in SWP’s, there may be consequences in forms of warnings. We want everyone to experience the full story of this game and in order to do this, we need people to participate in these events. Make sure to use our #questbuilding channel in the Discord Server to chat about your next big adventure. Also make sure to update your personal character timelines and your own blog as well as the Quest Doc. It’s suggested to use SWP’s as markers in your gameplay.
- Follow the #athoria swp tag for updates.
- The admin team is more than happy to send prompts and to pair you up with other members participating in the event.
➷ Seasonal Athoria Events
These events are optional to participate in and will be posted on the Athoria Events blog. Though optional, please be wary about events impacting your character regardless if you choose to write a thread or self-para about the event. For example: if the event is taking place in Miervaldis and your character has a home there, then your character will still be impacted by the event. Some notes about Athoria Events:
- Events will be posted the first week of the month and last the duration of the month.
- Feel free to let the admins know if your character will be participating in Athoria Events that way we can pair you up with another member or suggest a prompt for your interaction! Use Events to your advantage by developing your character and advancing your own personal timeline for your character.
- Follow the #athoria events tag for updates.
➷ Writing Prompts:
There are three versions of writing prompts that admins will use to help inspire your muse. They are optional but encouraged as to understand your character better!
Requests: you may apply for a writing prompt or plot at any time. We have many to choose from that are pre-established and would fit any aspect of this roleplay at any time. If you are stumped for muse but want to write, this is probably an excellent choice for you.
Posted Prompts: On the occasion, a post will happen on our RPS blog in regards to character musings or settings. You may respond to these prompts, but you must keep it, the third person, past tense. For example, a writing prompt states, “Describe your character's favorite food.” You may then write a headcanon based post about the food. We recommend trying to relate these to your characters main plot and personality, without it being redundant.
Ask Meme's: These fun posts involve your fellow members. Once you see a post on the dash from RPS blog, be sure to post in the OOC that you are accepting! If others are participating, send them a word from the post as well. Headcanons, threads, even photo edits can stem from these memes. Let it evolve you muse!
➷ Prompt Member Challenges:
This is a personal favorite to the admins because it places an in game situation or conflict directly on your character. This can vary drastically. From creating aesthetics of your characters houses or getting attacked with magic while traveling a road. These are prompts that you the roleplayer can use to step outside the normal rp posting style and be clever!
You have full reign on these! From first person, present tense or post it as a headcanon. You may write this as a CANON event, which means you are allowed to have this become part of your characters ongoing plot in game. However, this is not necessary. There is a time limit and a winner will be selected by the Admins for the challenge to earn a selected prize. These challenges are meant to drive your character into a more up to date timeline, and they are a lot of fun!
These mini events are usually simple and they do not require anything to be written or posted. They are for out of character interaction and for all members to get to know each other better!
The admins here are very sneaky. We will enjoy sending you anonymous notes regarding your plots in order to keep you on your toes, or suggest secret plots that other members might not know about. The idea of roleplaying is for the surprise and to think fast! If you have any suggestions for future interactions, please let us know! We will be more than happy to give it a shot!
It is imperative that you are able to keep up with your characters once you take them on. Our activity might only be one reply a week, but building a plot and having active threads are the backbone to this roleplay. If you pick up a second, third, or fourth character and find that you are unable to keep up with activity for any reason, please reach out to the admins before deciding to drop your character. We encourage you to pick up additional characters and really help dive into the main plot of Athoria regardless.
Additionally, if you drop a character in general, the time frame between waiting to pick up another character needs to be discussed with the admins as this will all be circumstantial. Each situation will be individually different based on reasons behind dropping the character in the first place, so we are not putting a distinct rule behind this. If you drop a character and want to take up another one, we mostly just ask that you remain active and that you are comfortable with your current character in order to take on another role. But again, a discussion needs to be had beforehand just to make sure we are all on the same page.
The following criteria are required for ANY Additional Characters:
- There is no limit to the amount of characters you can take, however you must be able to keep up with weekly activity on EVERY character. Admins have the right to intervene if activity is not being met or if plot arcs are not being achieved.
- You must be active and without an activity warning for one consecutive month on all of your taken characters. This starts immediately after your last acceptance.
- You are allowed to take characters of the same specie, however when it comes to opposing clans, please make sure that there is no immediate conflict between characters you already play and future plots with the opposing clan. We are not saying that you cannot do it, we are just suggesting that you use your best judgement.
- You may not select an additional character that has a direct, canon connection with your current characters in game. You can find these connections under the ‘connections’ section in the characters biography.
- Admins are more than willing to suggest characters for you in regards to the needs of the roleplay and main plots that we’d like to accomplish.
Plot Approvals are required for important plots that may shift multiple characters or the main plot in some way. Plots are approved and rejected on a case-to-case basis, and if it is declined then the admins will have no problem reviewing your plot with you in order to better fit your needs. Please review the application below and submit to the main.
- What characters are involved in this plot?
- Please include NPC’s and all other parties concerned, including clans or royal matters
- Will you be killing or gravely injuring another character/your character?
- A brief description of the plot.
- What is the importance of this plot for your character? Why write it?
- You must be playing your character ACTIVELY for a minimum of three months in order to kill them off.
- You cannot kill off a character as a means to gain another character.
- You must let all parties involved know of the plot before you write it.
- You must have this approved by an admin.
- You must have proof of a well thought out timeline for this event to take place.
The depth of our characters, connections, and our relationships in clans require active NPC's. Below you will find biographies and faceclaim references for ex-clan leaders, or particular characters holding important positions that can't be played by one of our members without situations getting messy. These character biographies will be considered NON-PLAYABLE. However, they will remain canon in-game. You will not be able to audition for these characters but they, along with their connections, will still be relevant to Athoria as a whole.
Below you can access these biographies for your information. If you are a member and wish to use any of these NPC'S in the game within a thread, please message the main first with a plot approval!
Information on using these NPC's as a member:
- Reference: if you find your character having a history with these characters
- In wanting to have them involved in something small. i.e.: they are at a moot with their pack.
- Be wary of making anything too canon that would require another member to know this detail about them. i.e.: they have a daughter.
- If there is a substantial plot unfolding for your character and you feel they would be relevant to it on a much grander scale. Speak to us. We have lots of ideas and encourage changes to our canon history for them!